Monday, February 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownie Cookie Bites


This recipe is ridiculous. Probably the most ridiculously over the top dessert I've made in awhile. It is not for dieters. It is not for sugar-phobes. It is for special occasions or really bad days. I normally stick to from scratch recipes, but in this case I didn't, yes, that's right... I used a box mix for brownies and refrigerated cookie dough. AND I'm not sorry, cause these were delicious. And easy. And everyone loved me for making them. So without further ado... I present Peanut Butter Brownie Bites. Take a delicious candy (I used PB cups and caramel filled hearts) stuff them into a brownie and surround the whole thing with peanut butter cup cookie dough. 'Nough said.

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
1 box (1 lb 1 oz) brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
36 unwrapped mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies (from 8-oz bag)
*Note, I used fun size PB cups and some caramel filled chocolate hearts. If you use fun size candy, the cookies will turn out really big.
2 rolls (16.5 oz each) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, at room temperature (I used a peanut butter cup studded dough that came in a square not a roll. Worked fine though).
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and egg until well blended. Spread in pan. Bake 33 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely.
Cut into squares.
Flatten each square and place a PB cup or whatever candy you are using on top.
Work the edges up around the candy to completely cover it I smooshed and rolled between my palms. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, stir cookie dough and flour until blended. Divide dough into pieces.
Flatten each portion of dough and place 1 brownie ball in center; press dough around brownie, completely covering and reshaping to form a ball.
On cookie sheet, place balls 1 inch apart. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until set.

Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack...
Let cool completely (ya, not possible)
Fanfreakingtastic
This is one of the caramel filled ones.
Have a sweet day!

3 comments:

  1. This recipe has me grinning from ear to ear!! :D I can't wait to try it!! That is my kind of recipe for sure! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! Glad I have some leftover Valentine candy. :)

    ReplyDelete