Sunday, November 7, 2010

THESE cookies may just change your life

I am SO excited about this post! What do you get when you cross a peanut butter cookie and a brownie and then stuff it with a snickers bar????
A little bite of earth quaking, life shaking, HEAVEN, that's what! How did these cookies come about, you may ask? Well, I made brownies the other day, mixed m&ms in them and poured the batter into muffin tins. For some reason the m&ms sunk to the bottom of the brownies and the brownies stuck to the muffin tin liners. So instead of throw out the brownies, I cut off the stuck on bottoms and threw the perfectly good (but ugly) tops in the freezer. Luckily, I ran across a recipe for brownie peanut butter cookies on the bakingbites website. But why stop there? I had leftover Halloween snickers bars just looking for a good use, thus, snickers-stuffed, brownie-chunk, peanut butter cookies! I really can't do these cookies justice with words.... they are THAT amazing! On its own, the PB cookie is perfect, chewy, my go to pb cookie recipe (Love the texture from the chunky PB!). Now take those great cookies and mix them with crumbled, fudgy, homemade brownies. NOW take those brownie studded bites of perfection and STUFF them with Snickers and roll em in sugar.. Oh. My. Gosh. Carmelly, peanutty, chocolaty... DANGEROUS!
I melted snickers on top of some of them, which worked as well, but I prefer the snickers stuffed cookies.
When you bite into them the caramel oozes out and you may just black out for a few seconds... that's how amazing it is... seriously. If you aren't convinced by now that these cookies will change your life... well, I can do no more.

Snickers Stuffed Brownie Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Baking Bites and the Baking Blonde

Ingredients
1 cup + 2 TBS peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 TBS milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 - 2 cups brownies, crumbled
7 Fun Size Snickers bars, cut in half (so 14 Snickers pieces)

Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter. Once combined beat in the white sugar, and brown sugar until well blended.
Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gently add to creamed mixture and mix until almost combined.
Fold in brownie chunks. Chill dough for at least 15 minutes (I chilled mine overnight).
Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, push a Snickers piece into the middle of each ball, seal the dough around the ball (make sure you cover up the Snickers).
Gently roll the dough balls into sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Carefully press each ball with fork tines to create a criss-cross pattern (do this very lightly so you don't uncover the snickers!).
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned.
Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes until sturdy enough to be transferred to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have a fabulous weekend!

UndertheTableandDreaming

12 comments:

  1. These look so yummy, thanks for the recipe and the great tutorial.
    Dannyelle, visiting from www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look scary good! Now I need to buy some Snickers bars! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look like they are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these cookies for REAL!!!??? - I must be dreaming! SERIOUS, serious YUM here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look out of this world! Bookmarking for a rainy day when I could use a MAJOR pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avril - they ARE for real, and real super! Peaches-luckily in Oregon we have lots of rainy days! Scrambledhenfruit - I bet they would be yummy with other candy bars too! Time for some experimentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I blacked out a little just reading about them. These go on the Must-Try list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT ONE OF THESE RIGHT NOW!!! Seriously. How close are you and these cookies to Albuquerque?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grammy Cracker - Let me know how they turn out for you!
    LambAround - Alberquerque is a bit far from rainy Oregon, luckily these aren't too tough to make and SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried this recipe over the weekend...AMAZING! These cookies really will change your life. Thank you for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've made these a couple of times now and they're a huge fave. I even had requests for Christmas!

    I made some with Rolo's instead of Snickers and they were awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cookies look fabulous. Who would've thought of adding snickers to cookies? Your photos are amazing and make me drool. : ) I've added it to my list of recipes to sample. Please check out my recipes when you get a chance and see if there's anything you like: http://vespawoolf.hubpages.com/

    ReplyDelete