Sunday, June 27, 2010

Frugal Finds: Freezing Basil



I was at Grocery Outlet the other day when I saw this fresh basil on sale for .50 cents! I usually steer clear of produce at Grocery Outlet and just get pantry staples as the produce is usually.... lets just say, a bit past it's prime. But, upon closer inspection, this basil looked pretty fresh, despite the fact that it had officially "expired" the day before. So, I snapped it up with the high hopes of getting home and making a pasta of fresh tomatos, mozzarella, and basil. Alas, it was not meant to be. I didnt get home until 830 and I ended up falling asleep reading my new Cooking Light... So the next morning when I awoke, I remembered my expired basil! Oh no, what to do? I was going out for dinner and didn't want to use it for anything else. So I decided it would be best to store it, but how? I found an easy tutorial on ehow.com about freezing fresh basil and I decided to give it a shot. Here's what I did:



Wash basil by submersing in a bowl of cold water and swirling.



Dry it off very well using two paper towels. Pull the leaves off the stems. Discard Stems.



Finely chop basil (use a food processor if you have one, I don't so I just chopped it up with my chef's knife.) Toss basil with a bit of olive oil to give it a light coating and keep it from going brown. Put into a small tupperware and freeze.


Easy as that! Now whenever you are ready to use it, pull it out, thaw, and enjoy!

Happy Sunday, hope you had a STUPENDOUS weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Brillant!! I never use it all and it just goes to waste.. I'll definetly remember this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alo giày chuyên cung cấp giày adidas chất lượng tốt nhất, giày vans giá rẻ, giày converse hàng việt nam xuất khẩu,YoloTravel chuyên cung cấp tour du lịch cô tô, và tour du lịch đà nẵng chất lượng tốt nhất, du lịch nha trang, du lịch hạ long với nhiều hòn đảo đẹp, du lịch sapa

    ReplyDelete
  3. dịch vụ kế toán thuế tại ninh bình
    dịch vụ kế toán thuế tại vĩnh phúc
    dịch vụ kế toán thuế tại hưng yên
    dịch vụ kế toán thuế tại phú thọ
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại thái bình
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại phú thọ
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại hưng yên
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận hải dương
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại hải phòng
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận thanh trì
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận hoàng mai
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận hai bà trưng
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận hoàn kiếm
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận từ liêm
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận ba đình
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận tây hồ
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận đống đa
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại bắc ninh
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận tphcm
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận cầu giấy
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận long biên
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận hà đông
    dịch vụ dọn dẹp sổ sách kế toán tại quận thanh xuân
    dich vu hoan thue gtgt

    ReplyDelete