Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Whisked Away Wednesday: Mini Pecan muffins


This week for whisked away wednesday I had a hankering to make muffins. There are SO many different recipes for muffins, it can be overwhelming at times! I finally settled on this recipe from Sister's Cafe because I had all the ingredients on hand and I haven't seen many nut-muffin recipes so I thought I would try something a little different. The recipe couldn't be simpler! I forgot to flour the muffin tins but I did butter them and the muffins popped out without a problem. The only thing I added to the recipe was that after I pulled the muffins out of the oven I dipped them in melted butter and then into a mixture of raw sugar and cinnamon. It gave them a little more crunch and looked really pretty. They came out a beautiful brown with cute sparkly little tops.


Mini Pecan Muffins

Recipe from Sister's Cafe

1 c. packed brown sugar

¾ - 1 c. flour

1 c. chopped pecans

2/3 c. butter (no substitute) – melted and cooled

2 eggs, beaten

Stir dry ingredients together.

In a small bowl combine eggs and butter.

Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredents just until moistened.

Grease mini muffin tins. Fill about 2/3 full (not more or they will overflow while cooking!)


Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, dip muffin tops in melted butter then in a mix of raw sugar and cinnamon.

Makes 2.5-3 dozen


*Little muffin making tip: When I take muffins out of the oven I always run a knife around the edge and then flip the muffins up onto their sides. This stops them from getting too brown on the sides and bottom as they cool.


Happy Baking!


1 comment: