Probably the easiest recipe I have posted so far! This is a great healthy snack or appetizer idea for your next get together. Pair the savory crisps with hummus, marinara, white bean dip, or just munch them as they are. The sweet ones would be great with some apple butter, caramel sauce, or your favorite fruity jam. They also taste great crumbled over ice cream or yogurt. Healthy, easy, good to go!
Sweet Pita Crisps
- 2 pitas cut into strips or triangles
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Put pita strips in a bowl with melted butter and toss to cover. Mix sugar, spices, and salt together. Add to pita strip mixture and toss to coat. Spread crisps out on the cookie sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until sugar is carmalized, turning once half way through baking time.