Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups



Is it posssible to get too much of a good thing? I sure hope not because these peanut butter cookie dough cups... oh man, are they a good thing! I took your classic peanut butter cup and tweaked it a bit. The result... something that could've come strait out of Willy Wonka's fabulous factory... What could be better than the pairing of chocolate and peanut butter you might ask... Chocolate, peanut butter, and edible chocolate chip cookie dough! OH BOY!! Fanfreakingtastic! I used a conglomeration of recipes to achieve my idea of the perfect candy. I found a great tutorial on making the chocolate cups on the Hungry Mouse website. The peanut butter filling recipe can be found on Have Cake Willl Travel, and the edible cookie dough recipe I borrowed from Steph over at the Cupcake Project. I began my adventure by first making the cups, then I added layers of chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter filling and topped it off with more chocolate. These are sinfully sweet and should be enjoyed with a tall glass of milk and a good friend... or else you may end up eating them all yourself!



Ingredients
This recipe makes 8 large cups or about 12 small ones
Chocolate Cups
18 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (about a bag and a half)
Peanut Butter Filling
3/4 cup natural peanut butter (make sure it is natural and has the least amount of sugar possible or else your cups will be WAY too sweet!)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
3 tblsp graham cracker crumbs
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups unsalted butter (melted)
4 tblsp milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tblsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Begin by making the candy cups. Set out 8 regular size muffin wrappers.
Melt 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave. Be sure to stir them every 30 seconds until they have a smooth consistency. Place a spoonful of chocolate in the bottom of your cups.
Use the back of a spoon to spread it around so it covers the whole cup. Adding more if needed. *Side note: This part can be a little tricky but practice makes perfect, my first few cups weren't the prettiest but after the second one I got the hang of it. Trial and error, your hands will get messy :)
Place coated cups in muffin tin and refridgerate for thirty minutes or until chocolate is set.


While chocolate cups are in refridgerator, in a medium bowl mix together all ingredients for the raw cookie dough.
In another bowl, mix the ingredients for the peanut butter filling together.
When chocolate cups are set, remove from refridgerator.
Place a spoonful of peanutbutter filling in cup, press it down into the cup with your fingers.
Follow with a layer of cookie dough (again pressing it down into the cup) and finish with another layer of peanut butter filling. When you have filled all your cups, melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave.
When chocolate is melted, spoon a dollop on top of each filled cup.
Spread chocolate around using the back of a spoon so that it completely covers the filling and touches all the edges of the cup. When you have filled all the cups, pop them back in the fridge for at least an hour (until completely set up) before enjoying.





New Friend Fridays

16 comments:

  1. WOW WOW Love this recipe. I bet mine would not look pretty but it would taste good lol

    btw, love the name of your blog!

    www.retrohousewifremix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is totally my kind of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Just amazing. I could get into serious trouble with these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you on Tater-tots and Jello link-up, holy bunny rabbits! This is going to make my husbands head explode! He's on a business trip right now so now i know what me and the little ones will be doing for a welcome home treat, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- First time seeing your blog. Just gotta say your design --the pretty pink and rosettes, etc. is the PURDYEST I have ever seen!
    I have bookmarked the candy recipe and can't wait to try it!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to say "duh" ... here I am, always whining and going on about have kids with nut allergies... "Oh boo-hoo, those look so great, but I can't make them with nut allergies in the house! I miss nuts!" then you go post something I should have thought of months ago! I'm makin' these babies with just cookie dough! :D Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these look so good. I'm definitely going to try to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if there was a recipe that could win me over, it would be one like this!! I'm now a follower! Nice to meet you, and hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look diabolically delicious! Saw you featured at Tater Tots & Jello. Love you blog too! I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I saw you over at Tater Tots and Jello - i'm a new follower! I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, can I tell you how much I LOVE peanut butter? And second of all, can I tell you how much I LOVE cookie dough?!?! This is a very, very, very bad recipe . . . do you want me to gain 50 pounds, cuz that's what's gonna happen when I make these over and over and over again!!!

    P.S. Found you through Tatertots & Jello :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have no words, I'm speechless.... leaving for grocery store to get ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  13. PB Cups are on my list of "must make".....thank you for the encouragement with your lovely recipe shown here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I love when others enjoy my recipes! These are a GREAT option for kids with nut allergies if you just leave off the peanut butter filling. I work at a head start and we can't bring anything with nuts in it so I made some with just cookie dough and they were still DELIGHTFUL! Let me know if any of you try these and how they turn out! Don't be discouraged if your first few cups come out a little messy/funny lookin... practice makes perfect :) - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those chocolate cups look divine.

    ReplyDelete