Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Whisked Away Wednesday: Mini Bagels Two Ways

So I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I am awful about impulse buying at the grocery store. Last week when I was grocery shopping, they had a special on those cute mini bagels. I got two bags full! I did not, however, eat two bags full. I ate one bag that week and the other one has been lurking in the back of my refrigerator for the past week. I finally decided that I better do something about them or they were gonna turn into not so cute, green, fuzzy mini bagels. I sliced them up thin, brushed them with butter, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and had my own semi-homemade bagel chips. They are sweet and crispy, the perfect after work or school snack. I whipped up a super easy honey cream cheese dip and served it alongside the bagel chips. Plus, for a bonus, I used one of the leftover bagels that I didn't make into chips to make a to-die-for banana peanut butter sandwich. Two healthy(ish) ways to satisfy those sweet tooth cravings!

Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Chips
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Just a few ingredients...

12 mini bagels
3 tablespoons cinnamon
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Thinly slice bagels (I got about four slices per bagel). Lightly brush both sides of bagel slices with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon, stir well. Place bagel slices on lined baking sheets, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Drizzle chips with......
Honey Cream Cheese Dip
Recipe from food.com

Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.


Ooey Gooey Banana Sandwich
Ingredients
1 mini bagel, split in half
5-6 banana slices
1-2 tablespoons Honey Cream Cheese Dip (see above recipe)
2 tablespoons peanut butter

Spread one side of bagel with peanut butter.

Cover with banana slices.

Glop on Honey Cream cheese spread. This is gonna get messy, just embrace it!
Spread other half of bagel with more peanut butter and place on top of sandwich.
Prepare to enjoy one ooey gooey good sandwich!

Have a great Wednesday!



Beauty and BedlamGood Cheap Eats
The Trendy Treehouse

3 comments:

  1. Your are genius, I love you, this is so yummy I can barely stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Stop by my blog today when you have a chance, because I have something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these look amazing!

    Feel free to stop by my Etsy shop for free earring Fridays! http://www.etsy.com/shop/alongfortheride

    ReplyDelete