Friday, September 24, 2010

Tuna Melt Wraps with Avocado



I love a good tuna melt, I also love a good quesadilla, so how bout we combine the two in a wrap? Ok! This began as a way for me to use up some leftovers from my fridge, half a bag of cheese, some tortillas, a tomato, mushrooms, and an avocado. First I mixed the avocado with tuna and a bit of mayo. Then I slapped on the veggies, gave it all a good sprinkle of cheese and broiled it in the oven for a few minutes. The results were simple, delicious, and healthy to boot!

Tuna Melt Wraps

Ingredients
Makes 2 asombroso (amazing) wraps
1 Ripe avocado

1/2 cup sliced mushrooms

1-2 Tablespoons light mayo (according to taste)

1/2 tomato, sliced

1 can light tuna packed in water

1/2 - 3/4 cups cheese

2 tortillas


Mash together avocado, mayo, and tuna. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Take one tortilla, smear with tuna mixture,
layer on some mushrooms
and tomato slices and sprinkle the whole thing with cheese.
Repeat with remaining tortilla. Place on a baking sheet in the oven and broil for about two minutes or until cheese has melted (watch CLOSELY, oven heats vary and these can burn quite quickly).

When cheese is melty, pull out of the oven and wrap tortilla, securing with a toothpick if it wont stay. Cut each wrap in half and serve.

¿Quieres uno? ¿Yo? SI!!

¡Que Delicioso!
Have a beautiful day!

12 comments:

  1. That looks YUM, minus the fact that I don't like tuna. You take amazing food photos - I don't know how you do it, but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! LOVE this creation of yours! Melt in my mouth YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up eating tuna melts on english muffins, but tortillas are so much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love this tuna melt without the tuna! It looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously need to get over my mental anxiety over tuna and make this! I LIKE tuna, it's just a mental thing that I don't want to eat canned tuna. This looks fantastic though! (but for the mushrooms). You might just be seeing this on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this today and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing your great ideas. Love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete