Friday, August 6, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday




My good friend Lauren over at the little things we do blog honored me by putting up my fill in the blanks today! Yay! I love her blog so if you haven't already, be sure to check it out! Lots of fun tips and ideas and whatnot. My blanks are of course, cooking/food themed, hope you enjoy them, I'm excited to read all of yours too!

1. Today for breakfast I ate I figure if I'm healthy on Friday I can splurge on the weekend so I ate quinoa with maple... its good... I'll post the recipe soon :)


2. My go to/never fail recipe Coconut lime banana bread! Always a hit!

3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is oh boy... I like cheese and peanut butter... and salt on my fruit... and hot sauce on my pizza... I eat lots of strange things.. and the other day I had a craving for Braunschweiger. I used to eat it on crackers with my dad when I was little. DON'T look at the ingredients!

4. My worst cooking disaster ever was I tried to make arroz con leche for Jose in Mexico, I only had one pot and one burner.. and I had never made rice without a microwave before, and there was a pretty bad condensed milk spill involved so I ended up a sticky, ricey, burnt mess sitting in the middle of my sticky messy kitchen crying when Jose got home. I think he thought I had lost it but he bravely scooped up a spoonful and tried it. He said it wasn't bad which made me cry harder... good times :)

5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be chocolate chip cookie dough... no question! (preferably Ben and Jerry's)

6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is menudo, its a Mexican soup made with intestines, and I really don't like pistachios, capers or green olives (I HATE those things!)

7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? breakfast for sure! I love starting the day off with something yummy. It makes it go so much better!

Happy Fill in the Blanks Friday!!

5 comments:

  1. New follower here - i came over here from Lauren's. Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. peanut butter and cheese? I've never heard of such a combination - I love peanut butter and I'm obsessed with cheese - maybe I'll have to give it a try!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah i LOVE it... peanut butter is pretty much one of my favorite things though! and YAY I heart new followers :) Let me know if you make any of the recipes and how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm....i didn't even know you could cook rice in the microwave. you're crazy lady!

    ReplyDelete