My good friend Lauren over at the little things we do blog honored me by putting up my fill in the blanks today! Yay! I love her blog so if you haven't already, be sure to check it out! Lots of fun tips and ideas and whatnot. My blanks are of course, cooking/food themed, hope you enjoy them, I'm excited to read all of yours too!
1. Today for breakfast I ate I figure if I'm healthy on Friday I can splurge on the weekend so I ate quinoa with maple... its good... I'll post the recipe soon :)
2. My go to/never fail recipe Coconut lime banana bread! Always a hit!
3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is oh boy... I like cheese and peanut butter... and salt on my fruit... and hot sauce on my pizza... I eat lots of strange things.. and the other day I had a craving for Braunschweiger. I used to eat it on crackers with my dad when I was little. DON'T look at the ingredients!
4. My worst cooking disaster ever was I tried to make arroz con leche for Jose in Mexico, I only had one pot and one burner.. and I had never made rice without a microwave before, and there was a pretty bad condensed milk spill involved so I ended up a sticky, ricey, burnt mess sitting in the middle of my sticky messy kitchen crying when Jose got home. I think he thought I had lost it but he bravely scooped up a spoonful and tried it. He said it wasn't bad which made me cry harder... good times :)
5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be chocolate chip cookie dough... no question! (preferably Ben and Jerry's)
6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is menudo, its a Mexican soup made with intestines, and I really don't like pistachios, capers or green olives (I HATE those things!)
7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? breakfast for sure! I love starting the day off with something yummy. It makes it go so much better!
Happy Fill in the Blanks Friday!!