Monday, August 2, 2010

Mozzarella Stuffed Tomato Basil Turkey Burger Sliders



Happy Monday! This beautiful weather has been doing wonderful things for my little basil plant! It has been growing like crazy. So that means it's time to start cooking! I don't want any of those tasty leaves to go to waste.
One of my favorite combos is basil, tomato, and mozzarella. So, when I looked in my freezer and saw the turkey burger, inspiration struck me. Why not make mozzarella stuffed turkey burgers and top them off with fresh basil and vine ripened tomatoes? So fresh and easy! They turned out delicious! I used mozzarella cheese balls that I got at Whole Foods but I bet the same great flavor could be achieved using shredded mozzarella. The combination of flavors in these little burgers perfectly typifies summer and it is an easy healthy meal to throw together when you don't feel like slaving over a hot stove. I served mine up with some garlic fries but they would also go great with a salad or grilled veggies (for less carbs). Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy these little sliders!

Mozzarella Stuffed Tomato Basil Sliders

Ingredients

1 lb Ground Turkey
1 package mozzarella cheese balls or 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
8 small hamburger buns
16 small basil leaves
8 slices fresh tomato

Divide turkey into 8 pieces. Mix each piece with 1 to 2 tblsp breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper and divide each piece into two equally sized patties (you should now have 16 small patties).

Put 8 of the patties onto a foil lined baking sheet, top each with mozzarella cheese.

Top with other patty, pressing gently around the edges to seal the cheese in. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place tray in oven about 6 inches from the broiler. Broil for about 7 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked, remove patties from oven, place on bun, top with 2 small basil leaves and a slice of tomato and serve!





All Thingz Related

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, this sounds heavenly! let's make these and have a girl's night w/ movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look quite yummy! I LOVE mozz and basil - you can never go wrong. I made some pesto burgers once, mixed pesto into the ground turkey mix...it was pretty delish. I'll have to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are quite tasty and EASY! Hope you enjoy! I am gonna have to try that pesto idea, sounds goood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower! These look delicious. I posted Southwest Sliders last week, but this looks so good with the mozzarella balls tucked inside. How easy is that? My family loves sliders, even if they are just baby hamburgers. We will be trying these out this week! Thanks for the yummy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a winner! I love the flavor combination with the little burgers. I bet I couldn't eat just one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this tonight, it was SO good! Mine didn't turn out as pretty, though. :P My hubby LOVED it! (I Had 1, he had 4, lol). I blogged it, just b/c i blog all recipes i try to keep track of them! But i told them i got it from you & linked to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad you liked them! And you can eat more than one and not feel bad cause they are mini! Anything that small can't have calories right? That's what I always figure anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok these look SO good! I am a new follower and I need to figure out how to pin this - I am new to pinterest and that is how I found you :)

    ReplyDelete